I have tested it on my old blogger (http://dannynsl.blogspot.com) and it seems to have worked fine so far.
There are a few steps you will first need to do.
- Install WordPress on your domain. There should be installation tutorials on the website. I haven’t had time yet to do my own installation tutorial.
- Import your Blogger posts into WordPress. In your dashboard, go to Manage and then Import.
- Change your permalink structure. In your dashboard, go to Settings and then Permalinks. The Day and name or Month and name settings should work. However, for my script I think Month and name should be safer.
When assigning values to old_root_domain and new_root_domain, DO NOT use ‘/’ at the end.
If you want to do a 302 redirect equivalent, just change the number in the meta content from 0 to 1 or 2.
Hope this works for you and please let me know if there are any bug issues.
I just fixed the code to accommodate blog addresses with ‘www’ subdomains. As for redirects for labels, I’ll try to update the code for it tomorrow if I have time.
I’ve added a new regular expression to handle labels and also another variable tag_url that points to your permalink structure for tags or categories.
This setting can be found under Setting, then Permalinks and just scroll right down to the bottom. You will need to edit the variable tag_url to what you’ve sent in the permalinks structure. Make sure you add the ‘/’ at the end of it.
I think by default, WordPress automatically imports posts from Blogger and sets the labels to categories instead of tags. In this case, just set the variable to the category slug name unless you can be bothered to go through all the posts and set them as tags instead.
Just found a bug (thanks to Chris Lee) that the redirection didn’t seem to work in IE7. For some reason I needed to add URL= in the meta content attribute for the redirection to work.
Basically I just changed,
document.write(“<meta content=’0;” + new_root_domain + redirect_suffix + “‘ http-equiv=’refresh’/>”);
document.write(“<meta content=’0;URL=” + new_root_domain + redirect_suffix + “‘ http-equiv=’refresh’/>”);
Please let me know if you guys ever come across bugs for this script and I will try my best to fix it as soon as possible :)
Happy Valentines Day everyone!