I’ve recently signed up with Vodafone on the $49 cap to get my free Nokia E71. Took some photos of it but unfortunately it’s on my cousin’s camera and he’s in Adelaide right now. Will blog about it once I can get a hand on the photos.
So it’s been like 3 days since I’ve gotten the phone and I had some trouble connecting my phone to my home wireless network. Everytime I tried to connect, I kept getting this error message,
WLAN: Unable to connect.
WLAN Network Not Found.
It friggin’ took me 3 days to figure this one out. Was driving me insane.
So here’s a few tips on how to troubleshoot your wlan problem.
- Update your Nokia PC Suite software by going Web, Nokia PC Suite on the web and then select your region.
- Once you’ve updated your Nokia PC Suite software, update your phone software (circled in red). Make sure you make a backup beforehand with your software and your phone is fully charged.
- Go to your nearest starbucks / mcdonalds free wifi access and try it there. If it works, then it must be a router issue. If it doesn’t, I’d recommend contacted Nokia support or sending it back for repair.
- If your have MAC filter turned on, either disable it or add your Nokia E71 MAC address to the list. To get your MAC address, type in *#62209526#.
- Disable your router firewall & security settings. Try connecting again.
- If you use a static IP address (default auto), go to Menu, Tools, Settings, Connection, Access Points. Then edit your network, and under Options, go to Advanced Settings. Go to IPv4 settings and go to Phone IP address. Put in your static IP address. You can also configure proxy servers, IPv6 and DNS in the Advanced Settings too.
- Make sure your wireless network name (SSID) has NO spaces. This was the culprit that caused me 3 days of anguish and misery. If you do have spaces, rename it without spaces.
Hopefully these steps will help you troubleshoot your wlan/wifi problem. If all else fails, contact Nokia support or bring your phone back to your dealer.